Last modified: September 15, 2020
Aries Adaptive Media, LLC, a North Carolina limited liability company d/b/a Reflex Radio ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.reflex-radio.com (our "Website"), or when you install, access or use any Reflex Radio Mobile Application (the “App”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- Via the App.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website and/or the App.
- Through any mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website or App.
Persons Under the Age of 13
The App and our Website is not intended for persons under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on or through the App, this Website or on or through any of its features/register on or through the App or the Website, make any purchases through the App or the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the App or this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will take all commercially reasonable measures to delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our App and Website, including information:
- by which you or third parties such as attendees to our events may be personally identified, such as name, age, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- financial information required to process any purchases on the Website or through the App, such credit card information;
- that is about you but individually does not identify you;
- that is used to register with the App using your existing social media account details, such as Facebook, Twitter or other social media account (such social media login information to be collected as set forth herein); and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you download the App, navigate through the site or App. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our App or Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App or on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the app or our Website, posting material, subscribing to our service, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with the App or our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the App or Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the App or Website.
- Your search queries on the App or Website.
We do not store credit card numbers, security codes or identifiable credit card data but pass that data through PCI compliant gateways at the time of charging. We may use this information for billing purposes, and to share this information with authorized, event-related third parties.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Usage Details, IP Addresses And Cookies/, Cookies and Other Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website or when you download, access and use the App, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to and use of our Website and App, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App or the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
- Information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device's telephone number.
- The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device.
- This App may collect real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not use the Website and do not download the App or delete it from your device.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking). Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on or through this App and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data. It helps us to improve our Website and App and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App and Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our App and Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Mobile Cookies. A mobile cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our App.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website, App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Website or App or their content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Billing processor.
- Advertisers, ad networks and ad servers.
- Analytics companies.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the App or Website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide you with the App and its contents.
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To give you notices about your account.
- To notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide authorization.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and in connection with a legitimate business interest.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website and App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide authorization.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, subpoena, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
- The location and tracking information is central to the App. To fully avoid the collection of such location and usage information you will need to cease using the App and removing it from your mobile device.
- If you do not want us to use your e-mail address or other contact information to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by logging into the Website or App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
- If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers' target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by adjust your user advertising preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out by logging into the App and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website and App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your GDPR Privacy Rights
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), certain individuals residing in the European Union, United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway or Iceland are afforded additional privacy rights and protections. Please see our GDPR Privacy Notice Supplement (attached as Addendum 1) for further information.
Aries Adaptive Media, LLC
PO Box 470034
8326 Pineville Matthews Road, Suite 407
Charlotte, NC 28266-4722
As used in this Addendum, capitalized terms otherwise not defined herein (including, without limitation, “Personal Data” and “Processing” shall have the meanings given in the GDPR; provided however that “Personal Data” shall mean any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Persons Under the Age of 16
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Site or send any Personal Data about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Data from a child under age 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Personal Data, please contact us at email@example.com.
The GDPR grants the following additional rights to individuals living in the European Union and individuals monitored pursuant to the App or Website that reside in the European Union. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of access - the right to be informed of, and request access to, the Personal Data we process about you;
- Right to rectification - the right to request that we amend or update your Personal Data where it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erasure - the right to request that we delete your Personal Data;
- Right to restrict - the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your Personal Data;
- Right to object -
- the right, at any time, to object to us processing your Personal Data on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- the right to object to your Personal Data being processed for direct marketing purposes;
- Right to data portability - the right to request a copy of your Personal Data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service; and
- Right not to be subject to automated decision-making - the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
- Right to withdraw consent – to the extent that we are processing your Personal Data (if at all), you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time; provided, however that such withdrawal shall be provided on a case-by-case basis.
Basis for Processing
We will only process your Personal Data if we have a lawful basis for doing so. Lawful bases for processing include consent, contractual necessity and our “legitimate interests” or the legitimate interest of others, such legitimate interests to include: contractual necessity, consent, improvement of our business, products and services, marketing of our products and services, notifying users of new updates, provision of customer support, protection from fraud, and compliance with legal requirements.
Changes to this Addendum